Welcome to Galleries Medical Practice
Welcome to our Practice, which has been established in Washington since the Health Centre was built in the early 1970’s. We are one of two Practices based in the Galleries Health Centre which is easily accessible by public transport. We have disabled parking in the basement of the building for disabled badge holders. General Parking is available in the main Galleries Shopping Centre. The building is easily accessible for wheelchairs and a lift is available to all floors.
As a general practice responsible for our patients’ health care needs, we aim to ensure that:
- Our patients receive a high quality and standard of care
- We provide cost effective health care to our patients within a caring friendly environment
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy at all times
- Confidentiality of patient information is strictly adhered to at all times
To Deliver an all round valuable patient centred experience from a dependable team who care about supporting their customers needs.
To become a reliable, knowledgeable, skilled practice which is adaptable and is responsive to its patients needs and expectations.
Our Values (COACH)
- Having clear and concise communication channels between all staff & Patients to ensure a consistent approach
- Outstanding service
- Having motivated staff structure in place to ensure positive relationships and therefore offer outstanding service
- Having a confident approach to Learning & Develop to ensure the surgery, staff and patients are continually educated
- Having subject experts who are trained specialist in specific fields to ensure the surgery develops
- Having an open, honest and professional approach at all times to ensure happiness of all involved
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) are the independent regulator of health and social care in England. They ensure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.
The CQC monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure we meet fundamental standards of quality and safety. They publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care. They also set out what good and outstanding care looks like and make sure services meet fundamental standards below which care must never fall.
Following a CQC inspection on Tuesday 22nd January 2019, the Practice has been rated as GOOD. A copy of the fully report is available to read on this website.
Did you know that you can access many of our services online?
Through this website you can:
- Book appointments
Request repeat prescriptions
Access lots of invaluable advice and guidance about managing many common conditions/ailments
- The above are available 24/7 online and can save time on the telephone. To make appointments and request repeat prescriptions online you need an account. Please see our reception team who will happily create this for you.